Monday, February 23, 2015

Man Gets Desperate (John 4:43-5:47)


Jesus meets us at our points of desperation. In fact, desperate situations often drive us to Jesus. It is the times of resolution where we drift. Prayers flow in crisis; they stagnate in times of peace. As I pastor I often have people ask me to pray for upcoming surgeries, lingering ailments, financial and relational struggles, but rarely do people come to me with praise. It's an unfortunate cycle that plagues me as much as the next person.

A thoughtful reflection on John 4:43-5:47 calls Christ-followers to own their sense of desperation. We are not called to create crisis in our lives, but to realize apart from God's intervention we are poor, week, sad, and hungry. We are desperate. And our desperation should drive us to pray.


God Gets Flesh - John 1:1-18 sermon

No comments: