My contribution to the meeting was minimal. I ate my share of chocolate cake and visited the Men's Restroom more often than others. Two or three times I piped up to ask a question or provide clarification. Mostly, I listened and learned from giants.
Below is a list of takeaways. (To those who were hoping to gather information on the topics of discussion, I can only say "Sorry." What's said in the Hilton, stays in the Hilton.)
- Christians are not supposed to set Hairy goals, but Holy ones (the 'H' in Collins' BHAG has been Christianized).
- Either men have become better at multitasking, or they find their mobile devices more engaging than group discussion.
- There is a Farming Model of Evangelism, which is dirtier than Friendship Evangelism.
- Movemental is a word (even though Blogger and Microsoft Word don't acknowledge it. Nor will I add it to my dictionary). However, if you type it into YouTube, you might watch some wicked Parkour videos.
- Spontaneous prayer movements require detailed planning and good teleconference services.
- "Irish pubs are good places to do evangelism," says an unnamed member of our meeting. They're also a good place to buy beer.
- Church is hard to define.
- Canadians like to box.
- I'm a pretty big deal.
"Because I'm a pretty big deal."
Humor aside: There is work to do. Our Fellowship of Churches needs us. Great and small alike.