Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gators

From the Florida Notes of Tim Sprankle, Pastor:

I've been searching for gators and lizards. I want to take pictures. I want to get close. I want to start a conversation.

The overwhelming theme for iGo 08 (FGBC Adult Conference) is evangelism. Paul tells us to do this work (2 Tim. 4:5). So does Jim Brown and Mark Cahill. I'm pretty sure I can do this, even if I don't have a video camera, survey, and copy of a book I authored. All I need is conversations.

One of the realities of gator safaris and lizard hunts is the target is moving. He may bite, she may scurry behind the bushes. The gator may not be baited by heaven because he likes the swamp too much. The lizard may not be scared of hell; just the flash of my camera.

But my job isn't to tame any of these wild creatures, just to engage them. And to take pictures--I promised my daughter I would.


NOTE: For those caught in a literal/historical/grammatical reading, the reference to 'gators' and 'lizards' has both a face-value and symbolic meaning.

3 comments:

chris van allsburg said...

Hi Tim! I don't know how else to get a hold of you except by commenting here. I like your blog, too.

chris

percentof2 said...

Dude,

I check your blog hoping for a scoop of insightful ice cream, nearly each day. But, the shop is only open for service like once every couple of weeks.

I'd like to indulge on this treat... but perhaps I would not savor it as I do on the irregular basis when my heart, soul and mind are satisfied with the tasty treat.

Less is more. More is less. Do not conform for your bright shining star may dimmer over the indulgence of spiritual goodies.

Rhett

Warriorofprayer said...

Do to technical difficulties i have not been able to get to your blog for a very long time and have not been able to reach mine either. I am now back and will continue blogging on my blog and yours when i have the chance.
Warriorofprayer